Research Your Training
Following your Intake appointment, if you were found to be eligibile for our Advanced Services, an Assessment appointment will be set up with a Career Planner to determine your eligibility for scholarship funding.
While you are waiting for your Assessment, we ask that you start to research your training needs so that a solid training and employment plan can be developed.
Before your Assessment, please research and visit several schools that provide the training you need. Consider the following questions:
- Is the school that I’m considering an approved training provider?
- How much does the program cost? (the WIOA program can fund up to $10,000 of training.)
- Is this training necessary for me to become employed? (If it is, please be prepared to tell your Career Planner why.)
- Will I be able to find a job related to this program after I finish training?
- Is this type of job in-demand?
By doing this research before your Assessment appointment, we will be able to assess your status and plans more quickly and hopefully prevent any delay in starting training.
Search for Approved Training Providers
Search by program name or by school name at Illinois workNet. When you arrive on the search page, you may need to scroll down on the page to perform your search.
Online Career & Training Expo
Explore some of the training programs and certifications possible through the WIOA program. Our Online Expo highlights training in Information Technology, Logistics & Truck Driving, Manufacturing, Office and Accounting, and Business Management.