Trade Act (TAA) Services at workNet DuPage
What is "Trade Act"?
The Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) Program provides re-employment services to U.S. workers who have lost or may lose their jobs due to foreign trade.
How do I Qualify?
To qualify for TAA services, your worker group or company must be TAA certified by the U.S. Department of Labor.
What are the Benefits?
As part of a certified worker group, you may be eligible for the following benefits:
- Trade Readjustment Allowance (TRA) weekly cash benefits once your unemployment benefits are exhausted.
- Job training grants to assist individuals who lack the skills or certifications necessary to become re-employed.
- Out of area job search and out of area relocation assistance.
- Wage subsidy program for workers 50 years of age or older who find new employment.
- 72.5% Health Coverage Tax Credit.
Get Started with Trade Act Services
To find out if you qualify for TAA benefits, please contact Susi Pihera today at:
630-955-2041 -or- firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: There are specific deadlines which must be met when applying for benefits, so you should contact Ms. Pihera as soon as possible!