Emergency Assistance Coordinator – Bilingual Spanish
Company: PRC - Peoples Resource Center
Category: Coordinator, Nonprofit
Type: Full Time
The People’s Resource Center is seeking an Emergency Assistance Coordinator to join their team. You will coordinate client registration process for food distributions and provide direct service to clients at their Westmont location. This person will be part of the Social Services team whose goal is to support families experiencing an emergency by providing comprehensive services such as client intake/registration, assessing needs, financial assistance, in-depth guidance, and referrals. Below lists what you will be doing:
- Coordinate and supervise the client intake process at all food pantry distributions in Westmont:
- Understand the intake process, identify improvements, resolve problems and issues and communicate changes and updates.
- Prepare client receiving area and intake stations.
- Working with Volunteer Coordinator, identify, implement and improve upon the process of recruiting and screening intake volunteers.
- Interview, select and orient new intake volunteers.
- Schedule, train, support, recognize and supervise intake volunteers.
- Schedule volunteers for food pantry intake and ensure adequate coverage.
- Prepare and conduct periodic training sessions for volunteers.
- Review service sheets for accuracy to ensure volunteers are entering food pantry services into client database system accurately.
- Provide direct service to clients in Family Connections and Client Services Programs according to program procedures and protocols to ensure efficient and effective service delivery:
- Conduct screening and client assessments to determine eligibility and disburse financial assistance according to established guidelines.
- Complete applications for government and mainstream benefit programs accurately as needed.
- Provide information, support, and referrals to clients who present in crisis.
- For designated families, develop a service plan including financial goals, self-sufficiency and housing stability plan.
- Ensure accurate and timely entry of client data into all applicable databases including ServicePoint, HMIS database, Client Central Database, and Social Services Database.
- Community Outreach:
- Represent PRC at designated community events, committees and groups.
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospective partner agencies, as identified.