Posted 4 weeks ago
Account Technician I – # 31818
Company: Illinois Department of Human Services
Agency: Department of Human Services
Closing Date: N/A (As of now post it to 6.1.22)
Posting ID #: N/A
Salary: $3,443 – $4,742/Month
Work Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Work Location: Kiley DD Center/Fiscal Services, 1401 W Dugdale Rd Waukegan, IL 60085-6263
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
To apply, please complete and submit a CMS-100 Employment Application via email to: Zhuya.email@example.com.
Under general supervision, performs technical accounting work in maintaining established general accounts by fund; verifies financial documentation such as vouchers, invoice and invoice requisitions. Posts financial information into the state’s computerized accounting system and BlueZone; prepares financial statements and reports; Prepares payment vouchers for contractual services, telecommunications, and operation of automotive expenditures.
1. Performs technical accounting work in maintaining established general accounts by fund. Posts and verifies financial documentation such as vouchers, invoices and invoice requisitions via the state’s computerized accounting system and BlueZone. Inputs vouchers into the state’s computerized accounting system for contract and medical services. Acts as disbursement agent for funds.
2. Receives vendor billings for commodities, telecom and automotive.
3. Serves as a Trust Fund Officer.
4. Serves as the center’s property control coordinator. Ensures that inventory is complete with all property, that property tags are ordered and placed for all items valued over $100 and ensures that all property deletions and moves are completed within the Warehouse Control System.
5. Compiles financial data and prepares monthly Fund Reconciliation Report for locally held funds, and other related reports for management staff.
6. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
1. Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to completion of two years of college and completion of an approved training course or three years of related clerical bookkeeping experience.
Knowledge, skills, and Abilities
• Requires working knowledge of accounting techniques
• Requires ability to apply established accounting techniques.
Conditions of Employment
1. Requires the ability to meet all agency vaccine/health-related policies and guidance.
2. Requires the ability to pass the IDHS background check.
3. Requires ability to pass a drug screen. On January 1, 2020, the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act made it legal for residents over the age of 21 to produce, consume and sell cannabis in Illinois. Please note that although the law has changed, the Department will continue to enforce the Department’s zero tolerance Drug Testing policy. The use of unauthorized drugs, including cannabis, by an employee, regardless of the position held is prohibited.