Posted 7 days ago
Activity Therapist Coordinator
Company: Illinois Department of Human Services
Job Title: Activity Therapist Coordinator – Waukegan
Agency: Department of Human Services
Closing Date/Time: 09/20/2022
Salary: $4,558 – $6,699/Month
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Work Hours: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm Monday – Friday, 2 weekends per month
Work Location: Kiley Developmental Center
1401 W Dugdale Rd Waukegan, IL 60085-6263
Under general direction, as a coordinator of activity therapy services for the Active Treatment Unit within Kiley Developmental Center, serves as lead worker to lower level staff; coordinates therapeutic activity programs designed to meet the developmental needs of the Center’s individuals; makes detailed analysis and evaluation of individuals’ needs and their responses to treatment; provides individual and group activity therapy programs; conducts activity therapy training programs for employees, volunteers, and other agencies; attends and actively participates in training; determines the equipment and supply needs of the Activity Therapy program and requisitions such.
1. Coordinates therapeutic activity programs designed to meet the developmental needs of the Center’s individuals.
2. As a skilled member of the treatment team, makes detailed analysis and evaluation of individuals’ needs and their responses to treatment. Gathers, organizes, and presents this information to the team. Makes and receives recommendations regarding treatment for individuals in the unit. Incorporates suggestions into the individual treatment plans developed for individuals. Assists other team members in developing plans for individuals.
3. Provides individual and group activity therapy programs.
4. Serves as designated lead worker to lower-level staff.
5. Conducts activity therapy training programs for employees, volunteers, and other agencies.
6. Attends and actively participates in training.
7. Determines the equipment and supplies needs of the Activity Therapy program and requisitions such. Prepares work orders.
8. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
1. Requires a bachelor’s degree with a major in therapeutic recreation, music therapy, art therapy, dance therapy and drama therapy, leisure studies, or recreation with a specialization in recreational therapy, including successful completion of the approved internship, fieldwork, or practicum, supplemented by two years of professional experience as an Activity Therapist.
Requires a master’s degree with a major in therapeutic recreation, music therapy, art therapy, dance therapy, drama therapy, leisure studies, or recreation with a specialization in recreational therapy and one year of professional experience as an Activity Therapist.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Requires ability to carry out physical restraint of individuals.
Conditions of Employment
1. Requires ability to work overtime.
2. Requires the ability to meet all agency vaccine/health-related Policies and guidance.
3. Requires ability to pass the IDHS background check.
4. Requires ability to pass a drug screen for drugs prohibited from recreational use under Illinois Law.
OHS Mission Statement – Illinois Department of Human Services serves families in need across Illinois. Our mission is to provide equitable access to social services, support, programs, and resources to enhance the lives of all who we serve. We are committed to the core values of Human Dignity, Equity, Community, Urgency, Transparency, and Kindness.