Posted 1 week ago
Company: Illinois Department of Human Services
Type: Full Time
Job Title: Activity Therapist – Park Forest
Agency: Department of Human Services
Opening Date/Time: 07/21/2022
Closing Date/Time: 08/03/2022
Salary: Anticipated Salary: $4,326 – $6,271 per month
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Work Hours: Mon, Tues, Fri: 12:30pm – 9:00pm; Wed, Thurs: 9:00am – 5:30pm
Work Location: 114 N Orchard Drive, Park Forest, IL 60466-1200
Division of Developmental Disabilities
Ludeman Developmental Center Activity Therapy
Under general supervision, provides therapeutic activity programs for and conducts direct therapy for assigned individuals served at Ludeman Developmental Center; completes activity therapy assessments and evaluative data for the development of habilitation plans; evaluates the individual’s complex behaviors and reactions during activities and leisure time; establishes and coordinate types and schedules of activity programs.
1. Provides therapeutic activity programs for and conducts direct therapy for assigned individuals served at Ludeman Developmental Center.
2. As a member of the treatment team, formulates treatment plans, writes program notes, makes detailed analyses and evaluations of the individual’s needs and their responses to treatment, and formulates realistic discharge plans.
3. Completes activity therapy assessments and evaluative data for the development of habilitation plans, implementing therapeutic modalities, and documenting such as determined by hospital and departmental policy and procedures.
4. Orders and stocks supply and equipment for activities.
5. Monitors and maintains adequate resources and verifies a safe environment for individuals served and staff.
6. Assists in providing in-service training for both activity and non-activity staff.
7. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
1. Requires a bachelor’s degree with a major in therapeutic recreation, music therapy, art therapy, dance therapy, drama therapy, leisure studies or recreation with a specialization in recreational therapy, including successful completion of an approved internship, fieldwork, or practicum.
• This class is included as an Upward Mobility Program credential title.
Conditions of Employment
1. Requires a valid driver’s license.
2. Requires ability to travel.
3. Requires ability to pass the IDHS background check.
4. Requires ability to pass a drug screen for drugs prohibited from recreational use under Illinois Law.
5. Requires the ability to meet all agency vaccine/health-related policies and guidance.
About the Agency:
The Illinois Department of Human Services serves families in need across Illinois. Our mission is to provide equitable access to social services, support programs, and resources to enhance the lives of all we serve. We are committed to the core values of Human Dignity, Equity, Community, Urgency, Transparency, and Kindness.