Adoption Support and Preservation Mental Health Practitioner
Company: Metropolitan Family Services
Category: Social Work
Type: Full Time
Metropolitan Family Services is seeking a Mental Health Practitioner to join their Adoption Support and Preservation Team. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs comprehensive, in-depth assessments for a variety of program services. Performs intake as assigned.
- Provides a full range of case management, counseling, advocacy educational and related services.
- Learns and utilizes agency and community resources.
- Assesses community conditions affecting clients to identify resource gaps and problems.
- Recommends financial assistance for clients.
- Provides group services as indicated by program need.
- May be responsible for meeting contractual requirements such as 24-hour coverage.
- Represents and interprets programs of agency in community.
- May serve on regional or agency-wide committees.
- Meets agency expectation for quantity of direct service.
- Complies with agency recordkeeping expectations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Works effectively with diverse staff and service population.