Adult & Teen Services Assistant Manager
Company: Downers Grove Public Library
Category: Library Science, Management
Type: Full Time
The Downers Grove Public Library seeks an Adult & Teen Services Assistant Manager to join their team. The Adult & Teen Services Assistant Manager, an integral part of their Adult & Teen Services team and leadership, is primarily responsible for assisting the Manager in the development and implementation of department goals and objectives and the library strategic plan. The Assistant Manager will also assist the Manager in overseeing the plan of service and the workflow of the department. Hourly pay is from $28.49, depending on qualifications. Benefits include enrollment in the IMRF pension system, vacation leave, personal leave, and sick leave. We are looking for candidates who will:
- Provide excellent reference and readers’ advisory services to adults and teens in a busy environment.
- Effectively supervise and train staff.
- Adapt to continuous technological change.
- Manage schedules for the department with flexibility and care.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Support equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) in the workplace.