Aquatic & Recreation Supervisor
Company: Bloomingdale Park District
Category: Parks & Recreation
Type: Full Time
The Bloomingdale Park District is seeking an Aquatic & Recreation Supervisor to join their team. The Aquatic & Recreation Supervisor is responsible for the planning, promotion, organization and management of aquatics, rentals, assigned athletics. Some essential responsibilities and functions of the position are the following:
- Responsible for all aspects of the management of the Oasis Water Park, including but not limited to staff training, customer service, manager and Oasis staff scheduling, swim lesson management, facility safety, special events, swim team, parties, rentals, payroll, interviewing, hiring, and evaluating staff, facility cleanliness, staff manuals and procedures, and reporting.
- Manage, maintain, and promote District-wide aquatics programs, including but not limited to swim lessons, special events, swim team, parties, and rentals.
- Develop and implement quality programs for all ages.
- Hire, supervise, and train part-time and seasonal employees to safely lead quality recreation, athletic, and aquatic programs for the community.
- Prepare material for assigned program areas including the seasonal brochure, rental forms, registration forms, and Oasis facility schedule.
- Manage part-time and seasonal staff. Hire, train, and evaluate staff.
- Manage contractual sports programs.
- Responsible for promoting, processing and approving Johnston Recreation Center and Oasis rentals.
- Assist renters with contracts and other questions and prepare all rental information packets.
- Maintain detailed facility schedules of all classes, events, programs, leagues, seminars, meetings, rentals, and parties.
- Respond to rental inquiries in a timely, effective, and proactive manner and follow up with interested renters to book rentals, schedule and provide venue tours with potential clients.
- Communicate with the Recreation & Facility Manager on issues that are related to the Aquatic & Recreation Supervisor. This includes programming, customer service, rental promotions and marketing, budgets, hiring and supervising part-time staff, rental management, and facility scheduling.
- Develop and implement quality athletic programs that meet the needs of the public as well as the long and short-term goals of the District.
- Develop and implement quality aquatic programs that meet the needs of the public as well as the
long and short-term goals of the District.
- Develop and implement quality party options that meet the needs of the public as well as the long and short-term goals of the District.
- Recruit, hire, train, and evaluate qualified part-time and seasonal staff to effectively operate programs and facilities in a safe atmosphere for both participants and staff.