Area Business Development Manager – Chicago Metro
Company: U.S. Foods
Category: Business, Management, Sales
Bensenville, Chicagoland Area
Type: Full Time
US Foods is seeking an Area Business Development Manager. The Area Business Development Manager will be responsible for prospecting and closing new account business within assigned Area. Focus will be on accounts signed up through our Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) partners (through intermediary). Will play an integral role in helping his/her assigned area achieve their growth objectives. Role will be expected to exceed his/her revenue and profit objectives. This position requires a strong sales business development experience with a focus on foodservice distribution, acute care and/or hospitality. This is NOT a remote role and requires field time across the Chicago Metro Area including Peoria/Springfield areas. Responsibilities:
- Promoting and selling products, services and solutions to potential customers through our GPO partner programs
- Produce new account revenue in line with current organization and individual targets and quotas for your particular Area.
- Identify key targets in the Area and gain alignment with the RVP National Sales and Area VP, National Sales. Track and monitor pipeline and Business Development opportunities to successfully move customers though the sales cycle.
- Identify and drive organizational alignment and resources to support value proposition and on-boarding of customers to include Finance, Operations, Merchandising and Logistics. Assist central on-boarding and Area team(s), as needed, to ensure successful transition of account to Account Executives and, as needed, Sales & Service Directors.
- Attend training and embrace the sales process and selling techniques for the GPO programs, including documentation and reporting.
- Be experts in the value propositions of all of our key GPO partners to help with the selling process and to ensure promises are within contractual boundaries.
- Monitor and evaluate sales training programs, assess results and recommend enhancements as needed to ensure effectiveness of programs and delivery of revenue and profit objectives.
- Assist RVP National Sales and Area VP, National Sales in development of sales objectives and strategies to ensure maximum profitability potential.