Assistant Machine Operator
Company: Graphic Packaging International
Type: Full Time
Graphic Packaging is seeking an Assistant Machine Set-Up/Gluer Operator with a pay range of 20.99 to 22.66 /hour plus shift differential and progressive pay increases. Machine Set-Up/Gluer Operators understand and align business operations and Finishing Department as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives. Job functions:
- Set up and operate straight-line gluers, inner cell, 4-corner and 6-corner gluers; and related peripheral/supporting equipment for manufacturing folded and glued carton.
- Observe automatic feeding, folding, and gluing of box blanks to detect machine malfunctions.
- Inspect completed work to detect defects and verify conformance to work order specifications, and adjust machinery as necessary to correct variations.
- Keep daily time and materials usage reports and records information in Peak and SAP.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance.
- Disassemble machines to maintain, repair, or replace broken or worn parts, using hand tools.
- Assist temporary employees with understanding task assignments while – reinforcing housekeeping, safety and Graphic Packaging International’s core values.
- Review job tickets.
- Perform, understand and follow make ready as required which includes general set up of the gluer or window machine.
- Run the job according to customers specifications.
- Quality control of all gluing aspects including carton alignment, glue adhesion and proper folding.
- Verify and communicate both product standards and work standards to crew to execute production.
- Maintain equipment by performing minor maintenance, troubleshooting, calibrations, adjustments, repairs, and authorized modifications.
- Clean area around gluer. Housekeeping is imperative.
- Possess a strong work ethic.