Company: Village of Glen Ellyn
Type: Full Time
The Village of Glen Ellyn is seeking to hire an Associate Planner. The job duties of this entry-level position include, but are not limited to, providing assistance to the Village planners in support of the daily activities of the planning division and working on a wide range of projects including assistance with development and zoning reviews, annexation agreements, Code updates and implementation of the Comprehensive Plan and Downtown Strategic Plan. The Associate Planner will act as the primary staff liaison to the Historical Preservation Commission and will assist with other Commissions, as assigned. This position plays a visible role in providing responsive, courteous and efficient service to Village residents and the general public. The position reports directly to the Planning Manager. Below lists some essential functions of the position:
- Review requests for approval of PUDs, special uses, zoning variations, sign variations, zoning map amendments, zoning code text amendments, subdivisions and exterior appearance applications.
- Serve as Staff Liaison to the Historic Preservation Commission; may assist as needed with the Zoning Board of Appeals and Plan Commission; attend and participate in public meetings and hearings, which includes coordination and meetings with petitioners, producing agendas, draft memoranda, providing complex research and analysis, making public presentations, and developing actions items or policy recommendations.
- Assist in the development of short and long range plans; gather, interpret, and prepare data for studies, reports and recommendations; work collaboratively with other departments and agencies as needed.
- Draft Code amendments, including amendments to the zoning code, subdivision regulations code, sign code and appearance review guidelines; interpret codes; and identify potential code amendments.
- Assist in the Village’s short and long range planning activities such as downtown plans, streetscape plans, wayfinding plans or comprehensive plans.
- Prepare maps, exhibits, or PowerPoint presentations, as requested; coordinate notices and prepare mailings for public hearings.