Company: Pep Boys
Type: Full Time
Pep Boys in Naperville is seeking an Automotive Mechanic to join their team. The Automotive Mechanic must professionally inspect, diagnose and repair tire and automotive services, while delivering an excellent customer experience. They are responsible for explaining technical diagnoses and needed repairs to co-workers and customers. The Mechanic is expected to continuously learn new technical information and techniques in order to stay updated with rapidly changing automotive technology and perform work in accordance with specifications. The Mechanic will also train and mentor co-workers as well as maintain clean and safe work areas. Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and repair to specifications — brake and hydraulic, exhaust, basic electrical, cooling system, suspension and alignment, perform all maintenance services.
- Perform job duties of all lower job descriptions (General Service Technician).
- Adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Assist fellow technicians/mechanics in performing technical activities.
- Keep store management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur.
- Maintain an organized and neat shop.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety and environmental rules.