Bi-Lingual Clinic Assistant – Immediate Hiring Need!
Company: DuPage County Health Department (DCHD)
Category: Customer Service, Healthcare
Type: Full Time
The DuPage County Health Department is looking for a new team member at our clinic in Addison. The ideal candidate for this role, will be responsible for performing clerical duties to assist with the efficient movement of clients through the clinic. We are looking for someone with the ability to adhere to office procedures while providing courteous customer service. The hours for this position will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 am until 4:30 pm, with one day working from 10:30 am until 7:00 pm and a rotating occasional Saturday from 8:00 am until 1:00 pm. The starting pay for this position is $14.50 per hour, may increase due to experience. Responsibilities:
- Updates client records; enters clients data into computer systems including revising or updating addresses and telephone numbers.
- Schedules appointments; ensures that release forms or consent forms have been signed; prepares various forms and worksheets.
- Sets up clinic rooms with appropriate supplies; processes daily reports; monitors on hand supplies and coordinates replenishment as needed.
- Assists clients with tests such as hemoglobin, urinalysis, blood leads, blood pressures and physical measurements.
- Obtains health histories from patients by conducting patient interviews; follows-up on client status; performs duties necessary to close clinics.
- Maintains required training, licensure, and/or certification.
- Adheres to department guidelines for attendance and punctuality.
- Participates in emergency response activities as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to patient privacy laws.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and understanding of other ethnic groups and cultures.
- May assist with determining client eligibility.
- If bilingual, may assist clients communicate with non-bilingual staff.