Bilingual Video Producer & Editor – Hybrid
Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Category: Marketing & Communications
Type: Full Time
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is seeking a bilingual creator of multimedia (audio/video) content in both English and Spanish for assigned activities, social media and websites, public service announcements, leadership communications, educational modules, news reporting, and other enterprise-wide uses. This role will facilitate and perform studio- and field-based video pre-production, production, and post-production, advise staff on narrative elements to bring sight and sound together to tell a cohesive story that achieves communication objectives, and provide consultative guidance and oversight regarding video strategy. Some tasks include:
- Translate abstract concepts into effective visual form by working with team to develop scripts and storyboards. Select optimal forms of media for projects. Budget, allocate resources, and set deadlines as appropriate for projects.
- Work with internal clients to advise the best category, style, and method for creating the most effective video to suit their needs and budgets.
- Plan video shoots, including scouting, selecting, and reserving shoot locations. Develop production schedules and shot lists.
- Advise on creation of culturally relevant video and multimedia content for Spanish-speaking communities and audiences, including translation of English-first content as well as creation of Spanish-first videos.
- Select and hire additional crew and talent when needed for video shoots and arrange logistics for transportation and equipment. Reserve and rent equipment as needed.
- Supervise location- and studio-based video production. Perform or direct on-set lighting, camera operation, sound, teleprompter, and other production activity as needed.
- Work with talent on performance direction.
- Supervise post-production. Plan, perform, or delegate video post-production tasks, including making editorial decisions, editing video, editing/mixing audio, chroma-keying and visual effects, voice-over, motion graphics, color correction and finishing.
- Manage review process for Spanish video content.
- Compress video projects for delivery and distribute to necessary sites, vendors, or clients. Post or upload video content on designated platform with appropriate tags, metadata and descriptions.
- Provide guidance on style and branding to ensure cohesion in AAP videos.
- Research and remain current on the developments and applications of state- of- the- art video production technology.
- Manage Spanish-language video library and archive.
- Evaluate analytics for video content.