Billing Specialist – Medical Billing and Collections
Company: ATI Physical Therapy
Category: Accounting and Finance, Billing
Type: Full Time
ATI Physical Therapy has an opening for the Billing Specialist position in Medical Billing and Collections. The Billing Specialist is responsible for all activities associated with the billing and collection of patient accounts within established company guidelines. The position includes direct contact with patients, insurance companies, and vendors. You will:
- Perform the follow-up of outstanding AR including; review and resolution of claim rejections, claim denials, unpaid/short-paid claims.
- Review/update patient demographic and insurance/billing information to ensure proper and timely collection of accounts.
- Identify and resolve root-cause of recurring denials/rejections.
- Ensure proper account setup and billing, research all information needed to complete the billing process.
- Communicate and correspond with co-workers and management to identify and report trends and issues preventing the billing and/or collection of accounts.