Company: Village of Woodridge
Category: Government, Inspection
Type: Full Time
The Village of Woodridge is seeking applications for the position of Building Inspector in the Community Development Department. Under the direction of the Building Commissioner, the building inspector performs full plans reviews, inspections for all project types and supports customer service activities from project submittal to completion. This position interacts with the public and staff with a heavy emphasis on providing superior customer service. Position responsibilities are listed below. Click HERE for full details and instructions how to apply.
- Reviews plans, specifications and calculations to determine compliance with all applicable ordinances, codes and regulations to ensure sound construction practices. Prepares detailed plan review letters/correspondence to identify deficiencies or approvals.
- Conducts inspections and enforces the Village’s building codes, property maintenance code and zoning ordinances for residential, multi-family, commercial, and industrial property.
- Assists with management of Village’s residential rental programs.
- Keeps inspection records and prepares reports for permit tracking, permit review and inspection activities.
- Makes independent decisions and exercises independent judgment in the absence of specific policies and/or guidance from superiors but within the limits defined by the supervisors.