Building Maintenance Mechanic
Company: The Morton Arboretum
Category: Maintenance, Mechanic
Type: Full Time
The Morton Arboretum is seeking a a Building Maintenance Mechanic who can help perform ongoing facility maintenance and complete repairs on equipment, plumbing fixtures, lighting, heating and air conditioning, as well as perform building inspections to confirm safety standards. This position plays a key role in helping to keep all of the buildings at The Morton Arboretum operational and helping to make repairs when problems arise. Essential Functions:
- Maintain heating, ventilating, air conditioning, refrigeration, and kitchen equipment located in Arboretum buildings.
- Install and maintain plumbing systems, piping, and underground pumping stations, and when required, setup temporary plumbing for special events.
- Maintain irrigation wells, potable water, and sprinkler systems.
- Perform a schedule for preventative maintenance and inspection of plant equipment.
- Locate Arboretum underground utilities for internal and external needs.
- Coordinate setup of electrical requirements for special events.
- Keep an inventory of parts, plumbing supplies, controls of equipment, etc.
- Perform basic electrical system and lighting repairs.