Company: The Morton Arboretum
Category: Customer Service, Security
Type: Part Time
The Morton Arboretum seeks a Building Monitor to be responsible for monitoring the building to which assigned, in terms of security, and customer service to visitors and guests. Perform a variety of tasks including security and safety operations, enforcement of Arboretum policies, and general assistance to staff and visitors. Essential Functions:
- Monitor the entry/exit of students, visitors, and guests in the building to which assigned and restrict traffic to those areas in which access is needed. Lock/unlock doors as needed for classes/events, ensuring that the building is cleared of visitors and guests and secured at the end of assigned shift.
- Assist with problems/questions that may arise as they pertain to classes/events taking place within the assigned building.
- Ensure the proper pathway and parking lot lights are turned on/off as needed or requested.
- Maintain radio contact with other security staff members and program coordinators.
- Handle emergencies, either natural, medical, or fire, according to outlined procedures. Perform First Aid/CPR/AED when necessary.
- Assist with correcting audio-visual equipment problems as directed by supervisor or Ranger on Duty.
- Maintain a friendly, welcoming, and helpful manner towards visitors at all times.
- Assist Facility Rental staff with management of visitors/guests and room use as requested, in terms of safety and security concerns.
- Assist in enforcing the Arboretum’s policies regarding tobacco and alcohol during events and programs. Take the initiative to be well informed on current Arboretum programs and policies.