Buyer, Packaging Supply Chain
Company: Blistex Inc
Category: Supply Chain
Type: Full Time
Blistex is seeking a Buyer to join their team. The Buyer is appointed to his/her position by the Supervisor, International Supply Chain. The Buyer is primarily responsible for placing orders, expediting back orders and processing paperwork for stock and non-stock supplies. The Buyer is a Salaried, Exempt position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Creates and places Purchase Orders for materials and supplies.
- Obtains oral and written quotations from vendors.
- Monitors back-orders, expedites delivery of orders and makes special arrangements for delivery; communicating the expected delivery information to the required department.
- Researches and selects vendors in given circumstances, evaluates vendor performance, and utilizes different, qualified vendor sources to fill orders when appropriate.
- Maintains an up-to-date database on pricing and vendors to ensure immediate and accurate access to such information
- Identifies alternate vendors and/or supplies during periods of shortages or stock-outs.
- Analyzes and places orders based upon MRP requirements. Confers with Master Scheduler, Supervisor, International Supply Chain, Marketing, Sales, and other functional areas in determining needs and delivery schedules.
- Handles a varied supplier base and multiple commodities (i.e., packaging, printing, plastics, corrugated and displays).
- Plans and maintains optimum part and/or chemical inventory levels to ensure on-time deliveries to meet internal and external customer requirements, while minimizing costs and premium transportation charges. Ensures highest levels of customer service for the finished goods manufactured with purchased components
- Monitor supplier processes and production capacity and identify any potential issues to Supervisor, International Supply Chain.
- Actively identifies and develops cost reduction and cost avoidance opportunities.