Call Center Specialist – Bilingual
Company: DuPage County Health Department (DCHD)
Category: Customer Service, Data Entry, Healthcare
Type: Full Time
The DuPage County Health Department is seeking a full-time intake specialist to work in their call center. The intake specialists are responsible for providing a best-in-class customer service to every caller calling the DuPage County Health Department. Responsibilities include providing general guidance regarding hours and locations, questions regarding Environmental Health Services, scheduling appointments for behavioral health services, adult health services including TB and STD, Dental, immunization and WIC Services.
Call center staff work from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday at the Wheaton location. The team is currently working a hybrid schedule that includes 2 days each week in the office, and the rest of the week remote. They are seeking a candidate who is passionate about helping the residents of DuPage County.
As a full-time DuPage County employee, you will be eligible for our full comprehensive benefit package which includes Paid Training, 12 Paid Holidays per year, Tuition Reimbursement and Public Service Loan Forgiveness, to see a full list of our benefits, click on the benefits tab.
- Provides best-in-class customer experience to client seeking to utilize DuPage County Health Department programs/services.
- Conducts client intake interviews and screenings in order to obtain appropriate admissions information.
- Communicates effectively, utilizing active listening skills, empathy, a confident presence and interpersonal interaction.
- Provides courteous and supportive customer service to clients and/or their representatives following a customer service-oriented Call Flow.
- Answers a high volume of inbound calls via an automated call distribution system.
- Enters required information into various electronic medical record systems.
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve client issues.
- Makes referrals to appropriate internal and external resources/services.
- Demonstrates ability to assess and identify client needs in order to link to appropriate services and successfully schedule appointments for DCHD services.
- Demonstrates knowledge of core public health and behavioral health services.
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to client privacy laws.
- Adheres to department guidelines for attendance and punctuality.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and understanding of other ethnic groups and cultures.