Certified Nursing and Rehabilitation Aide
Company: DuPage County
Type: Full Time
DuPage County seeks Certified Nursing and Rehabilitation Aides to work at the Kenneth Moy Care Center. This position will have the opportunity to provide restorative and maintenance programs to residents of the Care Center. Work involves promoting resident’s ability to maintain or improve their highest level of function and as safely as possible. Below lists some responsibilities of the position:
- Assists in developing and administering restorative programs (e.g., walking, transfers, bed mobility, etc.) on an individual basis and completes subsequent documentation as directed by a registered nurse.
- Administers rehabilitative and maintenance programs (e.g., hydrotherapy, range of motion, resistive exercises, etc.) on a group or individual basis and completes subsequent documentation as developed by a physical therapist.
- Acts as a team leader for the Certified Nursing Aides on the unit in carrying out activities of daily living (ADL) programs and bowel and bladder programs.
- Assists in instructing residents, family members, and staff on necessary exercise programs and rehabilitation techniques.
- Assists in developing care plans and task list and entering them in electronic medical record.
- Assists in completing sections of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) and entering those sections into the electronic medical record.