Chief of Stakeholder Engagement
Company: Illinois State Toll Highway Authority (Illinois Tollway)
Category: Administration, Marketing & Communications
Type: Full Time
The Illinois Tollway seeks a Chief of Stakeholder Engagement. The Chief of Stakeholder Engagement leads the development and implementation of the Illinois Tollway’s public face and interaction with stakeholders. The incumbent is responsible for maximizing the design, reach, and effectiveness of messages to a broad array of stakeholders with whom the Tollway regularly interacts. The Chief of Stakeholder Engagement will lead a high functioning team of professionals whose talents support the design, reach, and effectiveness of Tollway messages and communication. Responsible for developing and proposing strategies, as well as organizing and managing the team, around several key functions, including Media and Public Relations; Consumer Marketing; Internal and Employee Communications; Community and Industry Outreach; Government and Legislative Affairs; Events and Advance Planning; Public Address (including speeches, presentations). Other specific duties also include:
- Manage, support and lead a team of professionals with the goal of effectively communicating a credible and positive public face for the Illinois Tollway.
- Provide effective two-way communication programming between the Tollway and the public, ensuring Tollway programs are clearly understood by the public and conveyed to the Tollway Directors, management, employees, contractors and customers.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies for Tollway’s programs as necessary.
- Manage internal communications to effectively convey the Tollway’s policies and programs and engage employees and other internal stakeholders.
- Prepare Tollway staff and board members with tools, materials and training to effectively convey Tollway messages in external settings
- Manage the design of materials, including copywriting, graphic design, printing, placement, and production. Review and coordinate materials from other stakeholders for consistency and quality.
- Prepare timely deliverables and plan projects effectively.