Company: City of Naperville
Type: Full Time
City of Naperville seeks a Civil-Environmental Engineer for the Utilities’ Civil Environmental Engineering and Construction Management division. The Water and Wastewater Utility recently increased its Capital Improvement Program to $46 million for 2023, including $7.6 million annually in watermain replacement. The Wastewater Utility is also preparing for a large, once-in-a-career treatment plant expansion which will span the next 10 years. The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to be involved with the design and construction of these improvements. The chosen candidate will also promote the Utility’s interests when coordinating with other City departments (Transportation & Development, Public Works, our Electric utility, etc.) and with other governmental agencies (DuPage and Will Counties, IDOT, IL Tollway, the Forest Preserve, etc.) on their projects. Job duties will include frequent local travel to city facilities and job sites within Naperville. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Designing and preparing construction documents for lift station, pump station, water main and sanitary sewer projects under Senior Civil-Environmental Engineer’s supervision.
- Providing resident engineering and construction management for watermain and sanitary sewer construction projects.
- Assisting Senior Civil-Environmental Engineers with more complex sanitary lift station, water supply and wastewater treatment project design and construction.
- Review of engineering drawings of subdivisions and commercial development plans for water main and sanitary sewer system construction, material design and layout.
- Assist on updating of sanitary sewer and water system hydraulic models; and performing hydraulic network analysis of water distribution and sanitary sewer systems.