CNC Programming/Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Abrasive Form
Category: Engineering, Manufacturing
Bloomingdale, Glendale Heights
Type: Full Time
The CNC Programming Manufacturing Engineer reports directly to the Director of Engineering and supports the operational needs in a nonunion aerospace facility, which will flex between two facilities in Bloomingdale and Glendale Heights, IL. The position has critical areas of responsibility for executing and coordinating manufacturing processes to support operational excellence. This role partners with cross-functional departments to deliver against key performance metrics across safety, quality, and throughput while communicating engineering status, issues, and improvements.
- Conducts process development including machining parameters, and all related documentation using vertical milling centers. Delivers to Operations a solid production process and continually monitors for improvements.
- Has a strong understanding of machining components on a 3-axis vertical mill with a 4th axis rotary.
- Resolves engineering issues to support operations.
- Participates and leads problem solving teams.
- Establishes and improves processes to drive throughput and velocity.
- Support operators in achievement of daily throughput goals, identification of constraints and opportunities for improvement and assist in operator training.
- Review processes for new tooling and analyzes existing tooling for improvement.
- Prepare and update key performance indicators (KPIs) to drive execution of results.