Community Development Administrative Assistant
Company: City of Oak Brook Terrace
Category: Office & Administration
Oak Brook Terrace
Type: Part Time
The City of Oakbrook Terrace is now hiring a Part-time Community Development Administrative Assistant. This position provides building, zoning, and development-related services to the public and provides administrative support to the Community and Economic Development Director. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Assists the public in various building, zoning, and development-related services; accepts plans and applications; assembles development information; calculates permit fees; checks documents of completeness and accuracy; issue permits and certificates of occupancy and collects property rental information and fees.
- Schedules inspections and follow-up results; acts as liaison to contractors and inspectors.
- Provides information regarding department policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Performs various administrative functions in support of the department; prepares reports and correspondence; processes technical/confidential documents; distributes public hearing packets and post agendas.
- Attends Planning and Zoning Commission meetings and transcribes minutes.
- Performs a variety of bookkeeping functions and coordinates supply acquisitions and inventory.
- Maintains and updates files and filing systems; compiles and maintains permit data; prepares statistical activity reports. Edits and updates Zoning Ordinance Book.
- Informs utility companies of new services as appropriate.
- Processes nuisance and complaint calls.
- Responds to freedom of information act (FOIA) requests.
- Assists with special projects as needed.