Community Services Support Specialist
Company: Catholic Charities
Category: Support Services
Type: Full Time
Catholic Charities is seeking a Community Services Support Specialist to do the following below plus more. Click on Apply Now for more details about the position and to apply if you are interested.
- Provide assistance to Community Services Programs as needed to carry out casework associated with families and individuals receiving services.
- Assess individuals and families who are homeless or are at risk of homelessness for housing related services. Enter qualifying clients into the DuPage County Continuum of Care’s Coordinated Entry System.
- Facilitate educational series and workshops to community members and Community Service clients.
- Within guidelines provided, implement a range of support services depending on the client’s needs. (i.e. transportation, SOAR applications, linkage to community resources, assistance with mainstream benefit applications).
- Assess and provide case management and referrals for individuals with mental, emotional or substance abuse issues in Supportive Housing Programs.
- Collaborate with case managers, counselors and vocational counselors to plan and coordinate services drawing on social work experience and needs of participants in SHIFT Program.
- Ensure compliance with McKinney-Vento laws regarding education of homeless students and coordinate linkage to services for homeless students in supportive housing programs.
- Complete necessary forms and records for services provided or referrals made to assist clients assigned by the Assistant Director of Community Services or their designee.
- Assist with review of client records and documentation to ensure HUD, Accrediting Body, State and Federal file compliance as well as Catholic Charities’ Performance Quality Improvement Plan.
- Responsible for the distribution and evaluation of client satisfaction surveys for Community Services North Division.