Compensation and Benefits Coordinator
Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Category: Human Resources
Type: Full Time
American Academy of Pediatrics has a Compensation and Benefits Coordinator position open. This position will administer all aspects of the AAP benefit and compensation plans. Implement related HR policies, procedures, and programs to support staff. Responsibilities include:
- Provide customer service support by answering employee benefit requests and questions and serve as a liaison between employees and insurance providers, assisting employees with investigating and resolving benefit claim questions and issues.
- Perform all daily benefit processing, including enrollments, changes, and terminations. Monitor and review all changes submitted through insurance carrier connections.
- Communicate employee benefit information to staff; distribute benefits materials for open enrollment and required compliance mailings; and develop and maintaining assigned benefit information on the intranet.
- Conduct new hire benefit orientations.
- Develop and maintain an automated process for employee benefit enrollment and changes through HRIS self-service module.
- Maintain employee benefit information and payments in individual benefit files and HRIS database.
- Reconcile, allocate chargebacks, and prepare monthly insurance bills, investigating discrepancies with insurance carriers and HRIS/Payroll systems.
- Process and prepare bi-weekly reports and submittals for the 401(k), 403(b) and 457(b) payroll contributions. Compile annual census reports for the 403(b) retirement plan.
- Maintain employee benefit information and payments in HRIS database.
- Administer the AAP Section 125 Flexible Benefit Program including enrollment, bi-weekly review and upload of employee contributions, and daily payment reconciliation.
- Prepare and process all employee termination documents. Administer all COBRA activities.
- Research and provide feedback on potential new benefit programs.
- Complete and maintain compensation and benefit survey information.
- Coordinate the development and release of ADP Total Rewards Statements.
- Review salary and labor market research to establish compensation and benefits trends and benchmarks.
- Serve as back-up to Leave Coordinator.
- Recommend and engage in initiatives that foster and encourage a work environment that promotes inclusion and belonging of all staff.
- Assist in the development of the salary and benefit budget.
- Provide project support to Human Resources as needed.