Compensation & Classification Specialist
Company: Midwestern University
Category: Human Resources
Type: Full Time
Midwestern University has a Compensation and Classification Specialist position open. The Compensation and Classification Specialist will administer, gather, analyze and interpret salary market data to ensure competitive pay practices. This individual will use job assessment guidelines to prepare and update job descriptions and recommend the placement of jobs in the appropriate salary structure. This position reports to the Manager of HRIS & Compensation. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, model, analyze and align compensation programs and salary structure to ensure internal equity competitiveness, external equity and alignment with compensation philosophy.
- Perform annual pay grade benchmark and review.
- Provide support in administering the annual merit cycle.
- Select appropriate salary survey sources for data reliability, relevance and reputation.
- Participate in annual salary compensation surveys and prepare analysis to determine competitive pay rates and trends.
- Conduct market analysis using salary tools and salary surveys to ensure external competitiveness and internal equity.
- Conduct base pay review.
- Perform internal pay equity review and gender pay equity review.
- Support compensation communication efforts which include training supervisors on compensation policies and procedures.
- Determine compensation recommendations for all new positions. Evaluate all current positions and recommend salary changes.
- Prepare and update job descriptions. Perform job description review which includes analyzing job content and performing job classification evaluation ensuring proper job content, FLSA designation and organizational pay structures are supported and maintained.
- Develop and recommend pay grade assignments based on external market value and internal equity.
- Collaborate with managers on understanding department structure needs to provide insight on departmental structure and position leveling.
- Ensure compliance with all compensation related federal and state regulations and legal requirements.
- Support compensation planning efforts and design cost scenarios, merit and promotional matrices, pay equity review and compensation reporting.
- Process all stipend addition, stipend removals and promotion salary changes in UKG.