Contact Center Representative – Member Services
Company: Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
Category: Customer Service
Type: Full Time
Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) has a Contact Center Representative position that needs to be filled. The primary responsibility of the Member Contact Center Representative is to act as liaison between IMRF and its customers (members, annuitants, and beneficiaries) to foster interactive, informed, and collaborative working relationships by providing excellent customer service. The customer service representative is primarily responsible for responding to incoming telephone calls and may also be responsible for responding to emails, online chat, and other omnichannel contact center services as assigned. The representative with generalist training and skills in IMRF retirement and disability benefit policies, procedures, and laws will assist customers by providing answers and guidance regarding (member and retirement eligibility, status on transactions in process, information related to applying for benefits, etc., and other employee status information). These services must be delivered in an empathetic, courteous, professional, and expedient manner. The Contact Center Representative will be assigned to a specific office location for specific daily hours. Some essential duties and responsibilities are the following:
- Respond to member telephone inquiries and analyze and respond to customer requests primarily regarding: Regular, SLEP, and Voluntary Additional plan questions, and process and produce system generated pension estimates in accordance with Article 7 and Article 20 of the Illinois Pension code and IMRF’s administrative policies.
- Investigate and follow-up on questions and issues related to fund claims, purchase of service applications, basic disability claims, retirement claims, voluntary additional claims, and death and survivor claims. Assist members with resolutions regarding address, direct deposit, tax withholding, financial verification requests, member statement and account inquiries, requests for forms and publications, Early Retirement Incentive (ERI) questions, and other website functionality assistance.
- Identify caller’s needs and respond in an accurate and timely manner. When necessary, research and resolve problems; investigate and assist in the correction of errors.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently. Provide excellent, high quality, customer service to members.
- Maintain awareness of numbers of callers or other users in queues in various delivery channels. When necessary, notify supervisors, modify call processing, IVR support, online chat or other delivery channels to provide the highest level of service to all callers and other channels.
- Provide assistance for all public and secure areas of IMRF’s website and self-service portals. Troubleshoot and assist members with issues regarding various incompatible browsers. Gather pertinent ISP or other relevant identifying information necessary to respond to members having technological issues.
- Maintain records and document call information as requested.
- Exercise and maintain current knowledge of benefit, legislative, and administrative changes, as well as current events including issues that impact IMRF members.