Company: City of Naperville
Category: Legal, Office and Administration, Research
Type: Full Time
The City of Naperville has a Contract Specialist position open. As a member of the City of Naperville’s Procurement Team, the Contract Specialist performs procurement contract maintenance and support functions related to contract data entry, contract monitoring, research, preparation, and processing of contract modifications, extensions, renewals, price adjustments and closeouts. Duties:
- Reviews contracts for completeness and adherence to specifications and regulations, language and terms and other contractual matters.
- Enters detailed vendor and contract data into the City’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Conducts follow-up with vendors before and after contract award including, but not limited to, issuing award letters, securing certificates of insurance, bonds and other required supplemental documents for submission, review, and processing.
- Proofreads contract-related documents for accuracy, examining them for correctness and other considerations, and recommends solutions.
- Advises internal and external customers concerning procurement procedures and requirements.
- Maintains contract records and files and prepares ad-hoc reports on contracts, expenditures and related contract information.
- Monitors contract expiration dates and processes contract modification requests including, but not limited to, needed time extensions, vendor limit increases, price adjustments and closeouts.
- Monitors the sale and disposition of city assets.
- Assists in collecting, tracking and reporting vendor and subcontractor data.
- Administers city-wide contracts and coordinates the preparation of material and service order requests.
- Makes recommendations on changes in contracting strategy, including consideration of consolidations of inter-governmental cooperative approaches.