Credit Representative 2
Category: Accounts, Distribution
Edward Don is seeking a Credit Representative to join their team. This position operates in fast paced environment for the leading national distributor of foodservice equipment and supplies. The Credit Representative I collects accounts receivable items and credit reviews orders prior to shipment for a designated part of the company. Responsibilities:
- Closely monitors customer receivable aging. Takes corrective action as follows:
- Contacts customers by phone and fax.
- Contacts sales representatives to enlist their help on past due accounts.
- Maintains documentation on all collection activities.
- Obtains approval of supervisor before accepting payment plans or partial settlements.
- Obtains approval of supervisor before placing accounts for collection with agencies or attorneys.
- Brings non-routine matters to attention of supervisor.
- Places accounts on credit hold following standard operating procedures (SOP’s.)
- Notifies sales representatives of accounts going on credit hold or being placed for collection following standard operating procedures.
- Reviews orders prior to shipping, either approving or holding following standard operating procedures.
- Issues credit memos for reasons other than merchandise returns (price, tax, freight, damage, or gratuity credits.)
- Reconcile and resolve out of balance conditions (i.e. account payments, short payments, over payments, unexplained deductions, duplicate deductions, and any other balance over 90 days old.)
- Performs various administrative tasks as assigned.
- Prepare reports for management on status of accounts receivables.
- Carries out special projects/assignments as delegated by supervisor.