Cultural Adjustment Specialist for Ukrainian Programs
Company: World Relief
Category: Nonprofit, Social Work
Aurora, Carol Stream, Chicago
Type: Full Time
World Relief has a Cultural Adjustment Specialist for Ukrainian Programs position open. The Specialist will provide group and individual cultural orientation and other related training sessions to Ukrainian immigrants. Topics delivered through this cultural adjustment program include housing, finances and banking, budgeting, safety, healthcare, and other areas pertinent to the successful resettlement and integration of immigrants. The Cultural Adjustment Coordinator will work closely with the Ukrainian Support Program Manager and other team members to monitor client progress through the period of service. Local candidates only (must be able to commute to local office). Compensation: $ 21.00.
- Client Services
- Develop, plan, and conduct regular group and individual orientation sessions with Ukrainian clients.
- Ensure that training sessions are delivered in a culturally appropriate manner with the goal of helping clients attain self-sufficiency.
- Develop creative solutions and practices to maximize client’s understanding of relevant and essential information.
- Develop and review orientation resources, such as written and language-appropriate orientation aids for participants as necessary.
- Work with community partners to assist in the cultural orientation sessions. This may include arranging guest speakers from various areas such as law enforcement, healthcare, banking, etc.
- Assist with transportation needs of class participants as needed.
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Maintain timely and accurate client files, case notes, and reporting records.
- Actively participate in department meetings, staff development opportunities, program trainings, community activities, and organizational events.
- Maintain internal library of cultural adjustment resources; perform outreach to organizations to create partnerships as necessary.
- Attend external community meetings to build relationships with community agencies.
- Provide supervision and accountability for department interns when assigned.
- Work closely with internal service teams and external service providers to ensure comprehensive service provision.