Customer Care Representative
Company: City of Naperville
Category: Customer Service
Type: Full Time
The City of Naperville’s Finance Department is looking for a Full-Time Customer Care Representative to join its multi-tasking customer care team. The Customer Care Representatives provide a high level of internal and external customer service to residents, businesses, visitors, vendors and department personnel over the phone, by email and other electronic platforms, and occasionally in person by answering inquiries and resolving customer concerns related to fees for new or existing services with the City, as well as entering service requests, JULIE tickets, and calling in staff to respond to critical issues after business hours. This Full-Time position is 40 hours per week; schedule to be determined through shift bid process based on seniority. This position will work an overnight shift post initial training period and assessment by supervisor. The Call Center is operational 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. This is a shift position, which includes working nights, weekends and holidays. Duties:
- Maintaining a positive attitude with empathetic and professional communication with customers at all times.
- Receive incoming calls related to invoicing, local taxes, street, electric, and water utility problems.
- Prompt response and resolution of customer inquiries and complaints.
- Determine the nature, location and priority of the problem and dispatch the appropriate work crews from the Public Works, Electric, Water and/or other departments.
- Communicating with customers through various channels.
- Maintain contact with units on assignment, coordinating calls, initiating service requests, maintaining service request logs, and monitoring weather alarms.
- Coordinate residential electric and water utility turn-offs/turn-ons with department personnel, field crews and residents.
- Enter information into city systems with a high degree of accuracy.
- Keeping records of customer interactions, transactions, comments and complaints.
- Collecting related fees for services.
- Other related clerical tasks such as recordkeeping, data entry, filing, and updating various databases related to permits, utility locating and contact information.
- Communicating and coordinating with division colleagues, providing assistance with daily work as needed.
- Cross-training and developing proficiency in the responsibilities of the Finance Call Center.