Company: Sentinel Technologies
Downers Grove, Hybrid
Type: Full Time
Sentinel has a SOC Analyst position open. The SOC Analyst is a key member of the Sentinel Security Operations Center’s Threat Operations Team and will be responsible for executing security investigations and response procedures to protect computer systems, networks, and data. This person will act as a first responder to cyber security related incidents. This team is responsible to investigate and communicate about cyber threats and then implement changes to protect our customers’ environments. Your ability to analyze real logs, traffic, and associated artifacts and make determinations on malicious or benign traffic will be critical in this position. Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience in a security related position.
- Certifications preferred: CCNA, Security+, GCIA, Certified Ethical Hacker, and CISSP.
- Experience performing daily system monitoring and health checks for various security products.
- Confident triaging alerts and reports of incidents.
- Confident analyzing real traffic and associated artifacts: malicious, normal, and application traffic; and demonstrate the ability to differentiate malicious traffic from false positives.
- Configuring firewalls, data encryption, and other security measures.
- Understanding of how DNS works for both legitimate and malicious purposes.
- Understanding basic network protocols and traffic flow in an enterprise environment.
- The ability to communicate clearly with verbal and written skills.
- Staying current on IT security trends, vulnerabilities, and news and recommending security enhancements.