Deputy Chief of IT Application Development
Company: Illinois Tollway
Type: Full Time
The Deputy Chief of IT Application Development is responsible for managing and directing the development teams both internal and vendor managed for the development, enhancement and support of Enterprise Systems including legacy Unisys Mainframe applications, ERP and applications built using Microsoft development stack including but not limited to .NET, SQL, etc. The position is also responsible for overseeing development in the areas of Web development, Mobile application development and middleware.
- This is managerial work assisting with the architecture and design of existing and new applications and directing the activities of multiple technical and operational staffs. Work is performed with considerable independent judgement, discretion, and initiative to ensure coordination, policy creation and adherence, process and procedure development, productivity improvement, and quality control. The Deputy Chief of IT Application Development will also be responsible to ensure that the confidentiality of system information is maintained.
- Responsible for providing senior leadership to the Tollway, including being conversant with the future strategy and direction of Tollway IT systems and understanding how that direction will impact the enterprise, and how future and current systems can be leveraged for benefit of the enterprise.
- Challenged to maintain a high level of support and availability on Tollway enterprise applications while anticipating future requirements, trends, and changes to assure current and future satisfaction of customer service levels and business requirements are met. They are also responsible supporting measures that ensure system securities and confidentiality.
- This position is responsible for directing the application architecture, design, engineering, and integration of systems, that form the basis of the Tollway’s IT systems.
- Provide a leadership role in the design and implementation of application development policies and procedures, directing, motivating subordinates and outside development teams and empowering them to successfully perform their responsibilities while encouraging innovation.
- Leads strategic technological planning as it relates to applications and cloud-based distributed systems to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, development, deployment, and management of current and future application technologies with all stakeholders.
- Direct, manage and coordinate all application development and support activities to ensure integration of systems and sharing of data.
- Assist with the development of RFI’s, RFP’s, and criteria of evaluation for vendor proposals, products, and services.
- Ability to supervise multiple technical staffs simultaneously, while managing risks. Provides support to business units and external groups in the delivery and use of enterprise systems. Develops and manages effective working relationships with other departments, groups and personnel, with whom work must be coordinated and interfaced.
- Responsible for reporting on and meeting all service level agreements (SLAs) for the support staff and systems. Manages the development and maintenance of documentation related to all IT applications.