Deputy Chief of IT Finance
Company: Illinois State Toll Highway Authority (Illinois Tollway)
Category: Finance, IT
Type: Full Time
The Illinois Tollway has a Deputy Chief of IT Finance position open. The Deputy Chief of IT Finance reports to the Chief Information Officer. Responsible for the overall administration of all aspects of the Authority’s business functions for the computing environment. This requires in depth knowledge of budgeting, audit processes, procurement methodologies, contract administration, software licensing and hardware and software maintenance and support agreements. Below lists some responsibilities of the position, to see the full list, click on Apply Now.
- Consults with internal staff and vendors regarding contracts, billing items, service level agreements and policy compliance.
- Strategizes future direction of the IT Department and how that direction will impact the enterprise, and how future and current contracts can be leveraged for the benefit of the enterprise.
- The incumbent is challenged to maintain a high level of service while anticipating future requirements, trends, and changes to assure current and future satisfaction of customer service levels and business requirements are met.
- Develops conceptual designs, re-engineer business work flows, and implement innovative processes in order to enhance business operations and reporting functions.
- Supports development of RFI’s, RFP’s and criteria of evaluation for vendor proposals, products, and services.
- Directs multiple projects, simultaneously; while managing risks.
- Identifies statements of necessary policies and procedures to ensure proper documentation and communication of controls.
- Collaborates with other departments, groups and personnel with whom work must be coordinated and interfaced with.
- Directly manages staff, and builds rapports with people at various levels; internally – Authority staff, Board of Directors, Finance, Audit and Procurement staff. Externally – auditors, contractors, vendors, employer groups, academic organizations, and industry associations.
- Plans, directs, and executes the administrative functions and processes of the IT Department.
- Establishes and maintains a comprehensive program regarding business functions for the computing environment to ensure that the IT Department adheres to all Tollway procedures and policies and all deadlines are met.
- Supervise and develop subordinate staff members daily, delegates tasks and develops a succession plan for the Division.