Development Project Manager
Company: City of Naperville
Category: Engineering / Drafting, Management
Type: Full Time
The City of Naperville seeks a Development Project Manager to serve as the single-point of contact for development projects which are submitted for review and approval through the City’s development process. In this role, the Development Project Manager coordinates with all internal City reviewing departments, including Planning, Engineering, Water, Fire and Electric, as well as the external project development team, to innovatively solve problems and navigate obstacles to lead to a development project which can be supported by staff and approved by elected officials in a timely manner. The Development Project Manager will also work directly with the City’s in-house legal team to draft legal agreements related to the proposed project and negotiate these agreements directly with the developer. Responsibilities:
- Coordinate projects which require entitlement approvals (e.g., rezoning, conditional use permits, and OAA/annexation agreements, etc.) in addition to engineering and subdivision plats, supporting technical plans and studies.
- Respond to internal & external inquiries and concerns pertaining to all developments within the City.
- Provide direction to team members for commercial and residential developments from the initial planning stages through Certificate of Occupancy.
- Meet with and advise developers and attorneys regarding development applications and processes, regulations and directives.
- Prepare ordinances and development agreements for legal department review, represents the Development Review Team at public meetings related to planning issues.
- Provide technical assistance as necessary to the City Council, the Plan Commission, and to citizen committees.
- Ensure that development reviews are completed in a timely manner and assist in developing & implementing policy/procedure pertaining to all types of development, evaluating & tracking performance measures.
- Coordinate and lead concept meetings with potential developers.