Company: DuPage County
Type: Full Time
DuPage County has a Dietician Supervisor position open at the Kenneth Moy DuPage Care Center. Responsibilities include:
- Hires, develops, and motivates a qualified clinical nutrition staff, as well as Diet Office personnel.
- Recommends hires and promotions, directs and evaluates employment decisions for all assigned positions.
- Coordinates all phases of nutritional care and supervises the clinical nutrition staff providing nutrition services to long-term care residents and sub-acute rehabilitative patients.
- Assists in development and maintenance of electronic nutrition assessment forms.
- Updates and ensures compliance with House Nutrition Formulary.
- Consults with physicians and other health care personnel to determine nutritional needs and diet restrictions of patients.
- Coordinates and manages nutrition assessment, care planning, monitoring, education and counseling of residents.
- Engages with the Center’s residents, family members, co-workers and staff addressing concerns and ensuring the dietary needs are being meet.
- Provides staff education on diets and diet therapy.
- Samples meals served for conformance to prescribed diets and compares deliverables against established qualitative standards.
- Works with representatives of our menu management software, and primary food distributor in planning and validating cycle menus and modified diets.
- Prepares the segment of our quarterly QI report pertaining to clinical nutrition services.
- Develops, implements, and maintains department Nutrition policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal guidelines for clinical nutrition services in long-term care facilities.