Company: DuPage County Health Department
Type: Full Time
The Public Health Services team is looking for a new Dietitian to join their team. As a Dietitian, you will be responsible for providing diet counseling and nutrition information to clients. You will also be required to have the ability to act as a lead worker during assigned clinics. This is a full-time position with one late working day per week and an occasional Saturday.
- Provides normal and therapeutic diet counseling and education in WIC Clinics.
- Provides certifications, nutrition counseling and breastfeeding support.
- Completes nutrition assessments; collaborates with health care providers, as well as other health department staff serving the same client population.
- Responds to requests for nutrition information from other staff and the general public.
- Participates in staff meetings; keeps up to date on trends and developments in the nutrition field.
- Maintains records; prepares weekly and monthly reports.
- Demonstrates independent judgment and discretion in making position related decisions.
- Participates in emergency response activities as required.
- Maintains required training, licensure, and/or certification.
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to patient privacy laws.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and understanding of other ethnic groups and cultures.
- Available to respond to clients and/or customers, either in person or over the phone, during assigned business hours and/or clinic times.
- May act as Charge Dietitian for the daily activities of the WIC clinic.