Director of Marketing
Company: The Morton Arboretum
Category: Management, Marketing
Type: Full Time
The Morton Arboretum seeks an experienced Marketing Director to elevate its brand and drive awareness and participation with a diversity of audiences. Help advance their mission to plant and protect trees for a greener, healthier, and more beautiful world while leading a talented marketing team. Partner with colleagues to collaboratively advance marketing objectives. This is a hybrid-eligible position with competitive benefits.
Position Summary: Provide strategic marketing leadership to elevate The Morton Arboretum’s brand and mission. Manage the development of advertising and brand communications to drive awareness, participation, and to meet revenue goals. Lead a team of marketers to provide brand marketing support for all Arboretum departments. Essential Functions:
- Lead and manage the Arboretum’s paid media planning and buying agency, cultivating a collaborative and productive relationship with agreed-upon metrics for all media. Partner with external media agency and internal teams to conceptualize and deliver campaigns of varied scale to reach a diversity of audiences.
- Develop marketing strategies and plans that support various Arboretum initiatives ranging from fundraising to exhibitions, educational programs, and special events. Oversee the department’s project manager, ensuring an effective project management approach.
- Play a lead role in evaluating brand communications support requests and team capacity along with the Creative Director and Director of Public Relations and social media. Collaborate with internal partners to define and meet attendance, revenue, and other mission-related goals for initiatives.
- Partner with Creative Director, Director of Public Relations and social media, and the broader team to develop institutional communications priorities, synchronize communications timing, and ensure consistency of messaging through all audience touch points.
- Oversee the development of content marketing strategies that tell a compelling story for and position the Arboretum across channels including e-mail automation, the website, and publications, with the support of the Digital Marketing Manager, Marketing Specialist, and Senior Writer. Collaborate with content creators throughout the organization to foster alignment on the brand voice and style.
- Develop digital strategies in support of the Arboretum’s larger brand strategy. Oversee the evolution of key tools including the website, mobile apps, and e-communications. Collaborate with partners in Information Technology and Knowledge Management.
- Regularly report on marketing metrics linked back to attendance and earned revenue goals. Review and leverage audience data on an ongoing basis to inform marketing efforts.
- Stay attuned to trends and pursue innovative and creative marketing partnerships and avenues to position the Arboretum in timely and relevant ways.
- Manage marketing budgets and ensure timely, effective completion of projects. Ensure proactive and clear communication throughout projects.
- Demonstrate alignment with the Arboretum’s employee core values to be inclusive, take ownership, work together, keep learning, and make the Arboretum exceptional.