Posted 2 weeks ago
Director of Nursing
Company: Illinois Department of Human Services
Job Title: Director of Nursing (SPSA Opt SN) #14212 – Alton
Agency: Department of Human Services
Posting ID: 10-77-14212
Opening Date: 04/26/2022
Closing Date/Time: 06/07/2022
Salary: Anticipated Salary: $9,334 – $10,417 per month
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Work Hours: Mon – Fri, 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Work Location: 4500 College Ave Alton, IL 62002-5012 Division of Nursing
Alton Mental Health Center
Nursing Services – Forensic Building
The Division of Mental Health is seeking to hire a licensed Registered Nurse to serve as the Director of Nursing and to oversee and supervise professional and paraprofessional nursing staff in the care and treatment of psychiatric patients at the Alton Mental Health Center located in Alton, Illinois. The Alton Mental Health Center strives to provide equitable access to social/human services, supports, programs and resources to enhance the lives of all who we serve.
1. Serves as Director of Nursing for the Alton Mental Health Center.
2. Serves as full-line supervisor.
3. Manages and directs the health care services for the facility.
4. Develops and establishes the goals and objectives of nursing care and clinical support services.
5. Develops in service education programs for professional and paraprofessional nursing staff.
6. Develops budget and staffing plans for review by the Hospital Administrator.
7. Conducts personal inspections of the various offices and forensic and civil living units.
8. Conducts staff meetings with both subordinate managers and other subordinate staff to discuss new policies and procedures.
9. Provides active nursing care to forensic and civil patients.
10. Secures work site for patient safety.
11. Performs other duties are required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of duties enumerated above.
1. Requires licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois.
2. Master’s degree in nursing or a health care related field with a minimum of four (4) years nursing leadership experience.
Bachelor’s degree in nursing or a health care related field with a minimum of six (6) years nursing leadership experience.
Associate’s degree in nursing or a health care related field with a minimum of ten (10) years nursing leadership experience.
Preferred Qualifications (in priority order)
1. Five (5) years of professional experience working in a psychiatric hospital.
2. Three (3) years of professional experience assigning work, providing guidance to subordinates, recommending counseling and/or discipline following collective bargaining agreements, training staff, approving time off.
3. Two (2) years of professional experience recommending and implementing nursing policies and procedures relative to the latest trends and nursing standards.
4. Three (3) years of professional experience recommending and preparing nursing treatment plans for patients.
5. Three (3) years of professional experience providing training to paraprofessional and professional nursing staff.
6. Three (3) years of professional experience performing quality assurance assessments on nursing services and treatments provided to patients.
7. Proficiency in the use of office equipment including personal computers and basic computer skills.
Conditions of Employment
1. Requires ability to pass the IDHS background check.
2. Requires ability to pass a drug screen for drugs prohibited from recreational use under Illinois Law.
3. Requires the ability to meet all agency vaccine/health-related policies and guidance.
4. Requires the ability to serve on-call on a rotating basis, after hours, weekends and holidays.
5. Requires the ability to maintain current certification of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
About the Agency
The Illinois Department of Human Services serves families in need across Illinois. Our mission is providing equitable access to social services, supports, programs and resources to enhance the lives of all who we serve. We are committed to the core values of Human Dignity, Equity, Community, Urgency, Transparency and Kindness.