Category: Distribution, Transportation & Logistics
Type: Full Time
REMPREX in Lisle is hiring! The Dispatcher performs Intermodal gate transactions for all REMPREX-supported terminals to support the Intermodal trucking community at REMPREX Headquarters, located in Lisle, IL. This individual must be able to process information from multiple technology platforms and in an evolving work environment. The Dispatcher is responsible for timely operating decisions based on those inputs to ensure safe, efficient, and customer-oriented service that meets or exceeds our Clients’ expectations. An ideal candidate would come with a high sense of urgency.
The Dispatcher is responsible for communicating effectively between customers and service technicians to schedule work orders in a timely manner.
- Receive tickets for dispatch
- Make necessary arrangement for the appropriate contractor to be employed for each run
- Keep track of the movement and progress of each contractor
- Relay reports and work orders to the supervisor
- Ensure timely dispatch
- Negotiate rates with customers
- Take inventory to ascertain the stock of goods remaining
- Arrange for emergency dispatch of contractors
- Maintain a friendly relationship with customers to ensure continuous patronage
- Maintain a friendly relationship with contractors to ensure steady compliance whenever they are called for work even in emergency situations
- Maintain a dispatch log to record all details of all call outs
- Plan maintenance in such a way as to minimize cost.