Distribution Center Clerk
Company: Edward Don & Company
Category: Distribution, Transportation & Logistics
Type: Full Time
Edward Don and Company seeks a Distribution Center Clerk who will be responsible for the successful coordination of all clerical functions of the day and night functions with a focus on the receiving process. Essential duties:
- Works with the outbound monitor and replenishment screens daily. Updates reports daily utilizing a PC and SAP.
- Track and monitor the productivity and quality of all equipment drivers and material handlers.
- Maintain proper day to day records on department operations.
- Assist Associates when Supervisor is not present or refers them to the appropriate party.
- Assist the receiving department by verifying the validity of all completed receiving packets, P.O.’s, trailer numbers, cases, pack and overages/shortages, and makes adjustments when necessary.
- Prepare bills of lading for all outbound movement as well as dispatch reports and schedules them in computer appropriately.
- Faxes and confirms loads and issues security seals for all outbound loaded trucks and trailers.
- Answer calls regarding routing instructions.
- Communicate necessary information to all appropriate parties involved in workflow.
- Maintain positive business relationships with internal and external customers addressing and escalating issues or concerns in the appropriate manner.
- Schedule inbound appointments and operate the Inbound Delivery Monitor. Also create, edit, and update all inbound deliveries.
- Complete inventory data entry and files all purchase orders, receiving documents, and backorders daily.
- Process all Proof of Delivery requests in a timely manner.