EDI Associate (Hybrid)
Company: Ace Hardware
Category: Accounting & Finance, Administrative Support
Type: Full Time
Ace Hardware seeks an EDI Associate to join their team. An EDI Associate reviews all incoming EDI invoices and credit memos that failed to post to the A/P system according to established business rules. Corrections that the Associate can perform are done daily, while other corrections that cannot be made by the Associate are communicated back to the vendors, often with instructions on how to make those corrections and re-submit the documents. Additionally, through Acenet Direct, the EDI Associate must reconcile some drop ship invoices and credit memos immediately, so that Ace Retailers can be billed correctly and timely on their statements. Responsibilities:
- Work with vendors, merchants, A/P, and other internal customers on questions and issues including but not limited to EDI invoices and credit memos. The Associate needs to understand the workings and process flows of multiple systems in order to address vendor inquiries and take initiative to solve problems and ensure all cross-functional stakeholders are aware of their decisions.
- Perform two-way match on drop ship invoices and credits. These reconciliations must be performed at the time of invoice receipt, in order to ensure that Ace Retailers are billed correctly and timely. This is a new function of the position arising from the implementation of Acenet Direct.
- Perform parallel testing with new EDI vendors that will minimize invoice rejections once vendors are moved to full EDI production. Effectively identify the root cause of rejections in parallel testing and relay that information quickly so that vendors can stop sending paper documents along with their electronic submissions.
- Maintain accurate, detailed correspondence logs of vendor contact on rejected invoices and credit memos. Use the information contained in the logs to systematically follow-up on rejected documents that remain un-corrected and not posted in vendors’ A/P sub-ledgers
- Provide knowledge and self-service tools to vendors that will assist them in correcting their rejected invoices and credits when they are notified of their occurrence. Additionally, connect cross-functionally with Procurement when an issue arises that is caused by erroneous data provided to vendors on purchase orders or when purchasing requests made by Procurement cannot be operationally fulfilled by the vendors.
- Process merchandise invoices utilizing the SAP Accounts Payable system. The Associate will enter data into SAP and will need to determine if the account coding is correct and that the invoice is in accord with contracts, purchase orders, established policies and procedures, governmental laws and regulations, or other authorizations as needed.