Company: Abrasive Form
Type: Full Time
Abrasive Form has an opening for the EDM Operator position. The EDM Operator is responsible for meeting the customer’s needs by setting up and operating a wire or sinker EDM machine to the customer’s specifications as detailed in the process books. While doing this task, you will achieve quality, cost and delivery objectives for assigned projects. Responsibilities:
- Sets up (or the ability to learn) and operate EDM machines to ensure that machine parts are made according to the process sheets that meet or exceed published rates.
- Measures parts and reads measurement instruments using the following tools: Dial indicators, micrometers, calipers and plug gauges to ensure parts are within defined specifications to meet quality standards.
- Complete fixture teardowns and machine set ups as needed for a specified job.
- Identify the need and complete electrode and wire changes when needed.
- Detailed quality assurance review of work on a continuous basis taking full ownership of the part operation assigned.
- Appropriately label parts that do not meet quality standards.
- Reviews operational processes and makes suggestions for process improvements in production, quality and company performance.
- Complete a daily time records sheet to accurately reflect the amount of time per job activity.
- Proactively complete daily asset care requirements and subsequently escalate as needed maintenance issues to the immediate supervisor and maintenance team using established maintenance ticket process.