Company: World Relief
Category: Social Work
Aurora, Carol Stream
Type: Full Time
World Relief seeks an Employment Specialist. The Ukrainian Employment Specialist position will provide critical supportive services and counsel to Ukrainian Humanitarian Parolees as they search for initial employment. This position assists clients through employment counseling that includes resume, application, and interview preparation assistance, and utilizing employer connections to facilitate job placements. The Employment Specialist will also assist in maintaining and expanding an employer network. Responsibilities:
- Provide employment counseling to clients that may include individual meetings, informing about job prospects, following up on job leads, and coordinating interview scheduling.
- Provide direct assistance with resumes, applications, interviews, job offer paperwork, and ongoing mediation with employers.
- Collaborate with clients to develop individualized employment plans that include an assessment of family circumstances, employable skills, existing barriers to employment, and action steps for moving forward.
- Provide counseling on topics such as available job opportunities for low-English speakers, pay rate expectations, and expectations regarding commute time.
- Counsel clients on American workplace culture as well as laws and regulations.
- Satisfying documentation and reporting requirements in accordance with state and federal grant standards.
- Develop contacts and relationships with new employers to increase interest in hiring WRC program participants as well as maintain and strengthen existing employer relationships.
- Maintain accurate case files and case notes for program participants.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Family Services Department to creatively address barriers to self-sufficiency.
- Attend department and office-wide meetings.