Company: Village of Carol Stream
Category: Engineering / Drafting
Type: Full Time
The Village of Carol Stream seeks a qualified and motivated individual to perform a variety of engineering related duties under the direction of the Assistant Village Engineer. Responsibilities will include site inspections, field surveys, research, and permit reviews and filings, on a variety of public improvement projects. This position will support the professional engineering staff, and assists with providing customer service to developers, contractors, and the public. Qualified individuals must possess the following:
- Associate Degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering Science, Construction Technology, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Capacity to read and understand construction plans, as-built drawings and other utility and street records.
- Knowledge of construction methods for roadways, water main, storm and sanitary sewers, and other municipal projects.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and GIS, as well as, proficiency with the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Basic knowledge of surveying techniques and use of surveying equipment.
- A valid Illinois Vehicle Operators License.
- Solid understanding of geometry and trigonometry fundamentals, and the ability to apply various mathematical concepts, such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Good problem solving and communication skills, as well as a desire to learn.