Events Project Coordinator
Company: Lions Club International
Category: Administration, Coordinator
Type: Full Time
Lions Club International seeks an Events Project Coordinator who will be assisting in the planning, coordinating and execution of special events and meetings during the annual city-wide international convention and other smaller international meetings such as the DGE Seminar and Lions Day at the United Nations. This position manages the shuttle transportation as well as the staff and volunteer schedules. This role also assists the Convention Division Manager and Project Management Department Manager in executing successful meetings worldwide. What You’ll Do:
- Oversees the ground transportation vendor. Determines shuttle routes between hotels and the convention center or other event venues; manages VIP cars and offsite service project movements.
- Ensures appropriate transportation signage and communication.
- Calculates number of support people needed and contracts temporary staff.
- Creates schedule of assignments for temp staff, headquarters staff and Lion volunteers.
- Serves as the event point of contact for all staff. Provides pre-event training and resources.
- Updates internal SharePoint page.
- Utilizes project management software to track tasks and due dates.
- Supports other meetings in the planning phase and on-site to ensure operations run smoothly, addressing issues and interfacing with VIP stakeholders, LCI/LCIF staff, vendors, clients, etc.
- Consults with clients, internal and external, to define objectives and design meeting or event solutions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional organizations as appropriate to field.