Experienced Inserting Operator – 1st Shift
Company: CGI ComGraphics
Category: Machine Operator
Type: Full Time
ComGraphics Inc. (CGI) is currently searching for an experienced Inserter Operator for 1st Shift. Inserting Operators operate and maintain letter and flat envelope inserting equipment (Bell & Howell, Pitney Bowes, BlueCrest) following individual, unique job specifications to produce a finished, mail-ready product for customers. You will:
- Safely setup, start and monitor each piece of postal mailing inserting equipment within the mailroom department, including inserters, metering equipment, bindery equipment and shipping software.
- Operate equipment correctly and safely to produce a quality product on time.
- Evaluate documents to ensure quality controls are in place to prevent machine errors.
- Perform basic machine setup and routine preventative maintenance verifying proper envelopes and inserts are being pulled correctly.
- Adhere to customer defined job specifications from setup through completion.
- Inspect inserted mail pieces and conduct quality checks in accordance with process standards and guidelines.
- Reconcile envelopes inserted with piece level tracking system full accounting and investigate any discrepancies.
- Assist in assigned hand inserting jobs as required.
- Advise supervisor of any needed machine repairs and log machine failures.
- Accurately complete meter logs and turn in to accounting on a timely basis.
- Monitor envelope stock usage and advise mailroom manager when levels are low. Assist with inventory movements and inventory count, as needed.
- Maintain a clean work area, following supervisory direction on required cleaning tasks.
- Complete all required documentation as instructed.